RE: Install Woes and WTF is "error of type -39?"

Subject: RE: Install Woes and WTF is "error of type -39?"
From: Scott K. Stafford (scotts@together.net)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 09:13:11 MDT

> Are you familiar w/ the phrase "you can catch more bees w/ honey than
> vinegar?"

Yes. You have my apologies for any offense. None was intended. Chalk it
up to a certain (justified) level of frustration with an installation CD
that comes out of the box in an uninstallable condition. Now that this
problem has been worked-around, I'm feeling better about the process.

> For starters, drop the anti-Mac attitude. This list is not a
> forum for that crap, plus you're outnumbered.

Forgive me. I thought this was a forum for folks who were bent on replacing
the only distinctively "Mac" aspect of their systems - the MacOS - with
Unix. In my ignorance, I should have thought that pro-Mac people would ...
well, not replace their Mac with something entirely different.

And I stand corrected.

> We're here to help
> each other
> successfully run Linux on our Macs.