Binfmt? and FrontPage server extensions

Subject: Binfmt? and FrontPage server extensions
From: Robert Vogt IV (vogt@arborhost.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 11:15:37 MDT

    To all,

    We need to be able to run FrontPage server extensions on our YDL
Champion Server 1.2 G4/450. Unfortunately, the extensions, which are (I
believe) only available in binary format, are not distributed for PowerPC
Linux... the closest relatives would be x86 Linux and RS/6000 series
machines.

    Has anyone managed to get the server extensions working on a PowerPC?
Is source code available, or has anyone come up with a set of
'FrontPage-compatible' extensions?

    Some one noted:
> binfmt is usually a shared library for accessing and running
> foreign-architecture binaries on your local hardware. i.e. x86 binary on a
> DEC Alpha. It can also be built into the kernel. Did you upgrade your
> kernel as well?
    I've never heard of binfmt. How would I get my YDL server to run x86
Linux or DOS binaries under a G4? Perhaps this might solve the above
problem...

    Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

                            Sincerely,

                            Robert Vogt IV
                            CEO
                            ArborHost