Re: DSL situation

Subject: Re: DSL situation
From: Howard Shere (hshere@greendragon.com)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 15:44:34 MST

>> We're an ISP. BellSouth is our only option for the 30 PRIs, 5 Frame Relay
>> circuits, and other misc. services. I agree. I have never dealt with a more
>> disorganized entity. I have to manage every installation from the rep to the
>> people working for her to the installers to make sure things get installed
>> the way I want them to. They suck badly. The only plus is that they also
>> provice dialup access in some areas we serve. We don't have any trouble
>> getting their customers. They call us and are amazed we know what we're
>> doing.
> I beg to differ. Ameritech is the WORST, most disorganized bureaucracy!
> They took three months to install a single T1 (with daily phone calls),
> although they originally promised 2 weeks to a month....

BellSouth won't install a T1 in less than a month. That is how long they
claim it'll take. We ran into a situation once which forced them to install
PRIs for us and we got them in 5 days, but that was "special". They made
sure I knew that they couldn't _always_ install stuff so quickly...

 Gridz 1.3 ---- www.gridz.com ---- NetSpace will never be the same again
Howard Shere | Green Dragon Creations | Water Valley Interchange
President | 301 N. Main St. | P.O. Box 70
Software Sculptor | Water Valley, MS 38965 | Water Valley, MS 38965