Linux on Daystar Genesis - Quad processor SUCCESS!

Subject: Linux on Daystar Genesis - Quad processor SUCCESS!
From: George Herndon (gherndon@eyeontech.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 09:30:38 MDT

Hi,

I've had some luck with linux ppc running on my Daystar Genesis - quad
225 (604e's). I'm currently running SuSE 7.1 with one of Dan Burcaw's
2.4.8smp variants.

I've experimented with several, including the default 2.4.2smp and have
instability in all, including my current setup.

What I'm looking for is a rock solid setup. The kernel doesn't have to
be the latest, but I don't want to get any kernel panics. I'm not tied
to one distro or another, but if anyone has had luck running SMP on
old-world 9500ish boxes, please let me know.

A big thanks to Dan and all the other developers working to support the
linux on ppc users out there.

-George