Re: Help me please! I'm stranded :( (not a re-post!)

Subject: Re: Help me please! I'm stranded :( (not a re-post!)
From: Adam Barrow (poopsie_81@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 20:40:27 MDT

Dear all,
  I've been able to get the YDL2.0 rescue ramdisk to boot correctly (yaboot
1.1.1/ rev A iMac) and even mounted my /dev/hda6 (as a Linux newbie I was
quite proud!) and then fschk'd everything. Then I set my runlevel to 3 (X
was not working - would just shut off the monitor??) and re-started with the
same vmlinux (kernel??) but using my YDL1.0 (I think) installation on /hda6
-- it loads fine, but warns me that the kernel version does not match (no
surprise, the only one I could get to work was downloaded from the YDL2.0
installers). Here's my big problem: The keyboard mappings are all wrong (I'm
using the standard Apple USB keyboard that shipped with my iMac)! Since I
can't type, I can't log in, so I'm even more frustrated than I was before!

Can some one please, please help me?

Thanks in advance,
Adam Barrow