OS9.2.1/OS X.1/YDL2.0 Boot Help

Subject: OS9.2.1/OS X.1/YDL2.0 Boot Help
From: Mr Mac (Mr_Mac@Support.Org)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 14:16:27 MDT

Hi,

I do not know if this is the right list for this, but, I wonder if somebody
can help me with this:

I have PB Wallstreet and these are my operating conditions:
- 300 Mhz CPU (OSX.1 doesn't like my Powerlogix 500MHz CPU)
- 256 MB low profile memory
- 30 GB HD partitioned as:
    Partition 1 = OSX.1 - 8 GB
    Partition 2 = OS9.2.1 - 6 GB
    Partition 3 = YDL 2.0 Linux - 14 GB useable after SWAP and Linux Boot
- Under the old 9.21 environment I run YDL 2.0 via BootX (as an extension
under OS9.21)

As you can see from above. I have all 3 OS's installed on this Wallstreet.
Iloaded the OS9.1 upgraded to 9.2.1, then I loaded OSX upgraded to OS X.1.
THis works and I can start each one independently using Startup Disk. Ithen
loaded YDL2.0 under the OS9.2.1 environment and now I have a situation.

OS92.1 and YDL2.0 boots of OS9.2.1 and presents me the BootX GUI so I can
choose between MacOS and Linux. This works for both OS's.

When I go to OS9.2.1 Startup Disk and change boot to OSX.1, restart, I end
up in Open Firmware. Type bye in Open Firmware and the Wallstreet tries to
boot but it just hangs (floppy with ?). To get out of it I have to do a
hard reset (4 finger salute) to get it to shutdown and boot again to OS9.2.1
environment.

Does anybody know how to get all 3 OS' to boot harmoniously in this
environment? Has anybody worked on BootX to choose boot from any of the 3
OS's? I'd like to try out OSX, but I have a lot of stuff running and am
using Linux for, so I'd like to be able to choose any of the 3 OS
environments.

I also tried the X-Unix List but no answer yet!

Thanks