Re: Differences between Postgresql and mysql

Subject: Re: Differences between Postgresql and mysql
From: Kit Plummer (kp@yak.vme.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 10:09:59 MDT

I agree, I am not against PostgreSQL in anyway. But, to argue for MySQL
there is a special release which supports advanced table formats. In
addition, there are patches available which provide table locking and
special join functionality - which seemed to be the big argument for
PostgreSQL at one point.

Having used both databases in production environments I still would suggest
MySQL...

Kit