Re: BIG trouble - system hosed

Subject: Re: BIG trouble - system hosed
From: JIm Crick (jcrick1@maine.rr.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 08:34:06 MDT

Bob:

this sounds alot like my misadventure trying to get OS X to run on my
starmax-

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, but from the above experience my
guess is that it has to do w/ some non-volitile ram settings-

what I had to do was open up the case and hit the system reset button-

I'd try a pram zap first, though (hold down command-option-p-r keys until
you hear the second chime)-

if no luck, the reset on the motherboard should work- hold it down for 30
secs or so

if still stuck, you may have to go so far as to unplug the motherboard
battery for a few hours, then plug it back in and then try the system reset
button-

These steps do actually work on older systems, at least- good luck!

Jim Crick