Password Issues on 2.1

Subject: Password Issues on 2.1
From: Russell Burns (russellburns@att.net)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 08:03:02 MDT

I have a couple of questions on my install. When I go through the
installer and set a password for root, it doesn't seem to work. I get
to log in without a password, and whatever I set upon install doesn't
show up in the etc/shadow file. Also, while trying to create a new
user, either with the installer or useradd, the password shows up in the
etc/shadow file, but I still can't logon as a user. If I try to use a
passwd user, I get the error message "passwd: error while loading
shared libraries libpwdb.so.0: cannot load shared object file: no such
file or directory." Is there any way to get YDL not to use the password
database stuff, or should I try to find that library and download it?
It isn't on either the install CD or the tasty morsels CD.