mySQL installation

Subject: mySQL installation
From: Gawain Reifsnyder (gawain@guitar.net)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 13:32:26 MDT

I've been having some problems getting mySQL version 3.23.24-beta to
install properly on YDL. I'm on a PowerComputing PowerTower 200e with
144MB of RAM.

Rather than just randomly trying different versions until I find one
that works, can anybody tell me which versions they've gotten to work
successfully with YDL, and whether they used the rpms or the source?
I'm specifically wanting to use th package with PHP.

Also, since I've tried several installation attempts already, will I
have to remove anything in order to move ahead with a clean slate?

I'm pretty much of a newbie, so please go easy on me! ;-)

Thanks!

Best regards,

Gawain Reifsnyder
Guitar.net, Inc.