Re: mySQL installation

Subject: Re: mySQL installation
From: Gawain Reifsnyder (gawain@guitar.net)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 16:06:43 MDT

At 1:45 PM -0600 on 9/11/00, Darron Froese wrote:

>I've used the current MySQL 3.22.32 without any problems. Compiling it from
>source is pretty easy - here's my configure line:
>
>./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql \
>--with-libwrap \
>--disable-large-files
>
>NOTE: The disable large files line is important on the PowerPC - it's not
>needed on other architectures.

Thanks very much for the tips. So far all the failures have been
different. I've sort of lost track as I've been trying to get it
going with different versions for 3 days now.

Here's what happened when I tried your tips:

Good news: gunzip worked, and I used your configure line to unpack everything.

Bad news: The machine crashed before I was able to write down the
information in detail but it was to the effect of:

Kernel Panic: (unknown text here, something about accessing something
it shouldn't)

In interrupt handler - not syncing

I gunzipped a new version, used ./configure and I've started make
again... I'll let you know how it goes.

Best regards,

Gawain Reifsnyder
Guitar.net, Inc.