Re: mySQL installation

Subject: Re: mySQL installation
From: Gawain Reifsnyder (gawain@guitar.net)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 17:24:25 MDT

At 4:33 PM -0600 on 9/11/00, Darron Froese wrote:

>You got more problems here than just MySQL - you should never kernel panic
>your machine while compiling *anything*. If you do - you've got:
>
>1. Hardware problems. (Bad RAM, Motherboard, Hard drive, Cable, etc.)
>2. Kernel problems.
>
>You're going to continue to have problems with anything and everything until
>you figure out the reason for your kernel panics.

10-4. I realized it didn't look good when I saw it. -=X-( This
machine has just recently been drafted into service as a linux
machine. After fooling around with my first linux installation last
week, I decided to start with a clean install of YDL, (in order to
avoid problems like this). So, last night I reformatted the drive
again prior to installing YDL.

As of about 5 minutes ago, the latest install of mySQL seemed to
work! What did the trick was re-downloading the archive and blowing
away the /usr/local/mysql directory and the source directory I had
created. I'm happy, but a little nervous that there's still some
lurking problems. I'll let you know how things turn out. Thanks again
for your kind advice.

Best regards,

Gawain Reifsnyder
Guitar.net, Inc.