bootx hangs

Subject: bootx hangs
From: Lathe Gill (latheg@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 20:42:50 MDT

I am installing YDD 2.0 from image using BootX on a 7300. BootX unstuffs 104
or 105 files, and then says it can't find some database or other and quits.
It happens consistently.

Installed MacOS7.6 from CD, creating small footprint Mac HFS partition about
100 MB.
Using gui installer, on the first attempt I get all the way to picking a
package. This works fine. Upon choosing a package, the whole thing goes
down. When you try to launch it again, it can't find the hard drive.

Any suggestions?