YDL 2.0 on a PowerBook 2400

Subject: YDL 2.0 on a PowerBook 2400
From: Rob (orthanc@crispdata.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 22:41:08 MDT

Hi, I'm trying to configure YDL 2.0 on my 2400 (80M/4G). I know this is an
'unsupported' installation but it's supposed to work. The install went OK
with an external SCSI CD-ROM, but it doesn't seem to have loaded any support
for the PCMCIA slots. Since there's no built-in network card, I need the
PCMCIA slots activated.

So a few questions:

1- What do I have to do to enable the slots? cardinfo doesn't seem to be
installed. I tried installing the PCMCIA package, but it didn't do anything
and I don't know how to build it if that's what is required.

2- The Ethernet card is an old Kingston 10Mb card. Do I need any special
drivers for it?

3- The YDL X installation program recognized the 2400's touch pad and let me
use it as the mouse button as well. I need this because the touch pad button
is completely worn and doesn't work anymore at all. How can I enable this
feature? Also, what are the shortcuts for center and right mouse?

4- How much memory does MySQL/Apache/Postgres need to run? Can I fit
MySQL/PHP/Apache in the 80M which I have? Postgres (i assume not, but would
like to know if it might work)?

Thanks

-Rob