Re: Can't boot RAM disk on upgraded 9600

Subject: Re: Can't boot RAM disk on upgraded 9600
From: Malayil Philip George (georgemp@mac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 08:44:22 MDT

Hi,
        The Sonnet Tempo card is not supported by the kernel that is
supplied by default with YDL 2.0 which is the 2.2. series. You need a
kernel from the 2.4. series to detect the HD connected to the sonnet
card. That said, with the many kernels that I've tried that detects the
HD none will let the RAMDISK load :( You might have better luck though.
So, try d/l a 2.4.8 or so kernel from ftp.yellowdoglinux.com. If u do
find a kernel that works I'd appreciate it if you would post a link to
it. Thanks

George