yup problems

Subject: yup problems
From: Simon (swardrop@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 02:21:11 MDT

Hello all

I have just installed YDL 2.0 on PM7600 (with Crescendo G3
processor, 192mb RAM, a PCI USB card for mouse and keyboard,
and a RAGE PCI graphics board). The installation went smoothly,
but I have some questions mostly about yup.

First, I could not find a way to install the .rpm packages on the Tasty
Morsels CD with yup. While I could use rpm, I gather that this might
interfere with yup's database, leading to the dreaded failed "integrity
check". (Is there any way to recover yup's database once a failed integrity
check appears - apart from re-installing the whole operating system?)

I have another question about the Tasty Morsels CD, namely what is the
difference between the files in the
/mnt/cdrom/YellowDog/RPMS
/mnt/cdrom/YellowDog/ppc
directories? The files with the same name appear to be identical, so why are
they duplicated? Does it matter which copy I use?

Secondly, I cannot get yup to update over the internet. As the following
transcript shows, yup seems to work, but the downloaded files don't install.
(It looks like I may be missing a PATH setting.)

[root@hinchinbrook swardrop]# yup update
bash: yup: command not found
[root@hinchinbrook swardrop]# /usr/sbin/yup update
Reading RPM database... (100%)
Performing dependencies sanity check...
Checking for package list updates...
Package list is up to date...
Reading package list... (100%)

As requested, I will do the following:
[update: samba-common]
[update: telnet]
[update: openssh-server]
[update: tcpdump]
[update: netatalk]
[update: openssl-python]

<...ETC.. removed to save space>

Is this okay? [y/N]: y
Downloading openssl-python-0.9.6-9.ppc.rpm
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/sbin/yup", line 29, in ?
    yup.main()
  File "/usr/lib/yup/yup.py", line 511, in main
    iface.DoList(oplist)
  File "/usr/lib/yup/yuprpm.py", line 96, in DoList
    self.callback)
  File "/usr/lib/yup/yuputils.py", line 58, in Retrieve
    os.rename(outdir + '/.partial/' + outfile, outpath)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
[root@hinchinbrook swardrop]#
Can anyone help with these problems?

Cheers, Simon