Please help me figure this kernel stuff out!!

Subject: Please help me figure this kernel stuff out!!
From: Kitt Thompson (omegaman@theshop.net)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 11:19:04 MDT

I would really appreciate it if I could get some help on
compiling a new kernel. I have spent the last three days
carefully sorting though all the information that I could find on compiling
a new kernel. Most of the info for the PPC with Boot X
is fragmented at best. The other %90 of the info is for the Intel
side of things and it doesn't help me much when it comes to the Boot X
part. In short, I compiled version 2.4.10 of the kernel and copied it to
the Linux Kernels folder in my system folder. Selecting this new kernel
causes my mac to freeze when it's moving from the MacOS
to Linux. I really need to have some questions answered on how to do this.
Please, if you have the time and patience, email me at
omegaman@theshop.net.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kitt Thompson

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-H.S.T