Re: Maillist

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 19:10:41 -0600 (MDT)

This is what we do for yellowdog-announce.
I'll impliment this on here if you guys promise me not to get carried
away with replies :)

ie: [yellowdog-general] Re: [yellowdog-general] Re:
[yellowdog-general] Maillist

As you can see this gets annoying. -announce is moderated so we don't have
to worry about that :)

This okay with everyone? (Just change the subject or chop off all of the
recurring [yellowdog-general]'s)

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Evan Read wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Could I suggest to the owners of this list that they prefix the subjects of
> messages from the list with "YellowDogGeneral: " or something to that
> effect. This lets people who are on many different mailling lists (like me)
> know what message came from where without having to physically read the
> message. Handy for sorting and mass deleting and such. Would be a great
> help.
>
> If this isn't possible (if not, can you really call yourself a Linux
> Company? ;), then perhaps (like this is gonna happen ;), by convention, we
> need to indicate in all our subjects that the message relates to the
> YDLGeneral Mailling list.
>
> Just a thought.
>

> --
> Evan Read