[yellowdog-general] [yellowdog-general] Re: Maillist

Kaan O. Erdener (kaan@cs.utexas.edu)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:37:36 -0500 (CDT)

I'm all for prepending "[yellowdog-general]" to each subject header.

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Evan Read wrote:

> I have one big inbox too. Hence this works better for me.
>
> If the majority hate it, then we can cancel it. It will work better if
> people remember to shorten the subjects to a bare length (as I did for this
> email - in this case, it doesn't hurt the information contained wihtin the
> subject line).
>
> >This is also true.
> >If any of you use a unix account for email, surely you have Procmail.
> >Also, most major email clients do have a filtering system.
> >
> >As for me, I like one large inbox.
> >Again, I can remove the subject prefix, I thought I'd add it for a bit and
> >if enough ppl hate it I can remove it.

> >> I disagree. There's no need to indicate the origination of a message in the
> >> Subject heading - I would rather that was used to describe the content
> >>of the
> >> msg itself.
> >> Surely, you are using a emailer with Rules processing for filtering messages
> >> according to the TCP headers?
> >>

> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> -+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o-+
> >> Craig Roberts, ANZCS Senior IT Consultant
> >> e-mail: craig@rata.cce.ac.nz
> >>
> >> Tel: +64 3 343 7750 Fax: +64 3 348 4311
> >> College of Education, Christchurch, New Zealand.
> >>

> >Dan
> >
> >Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
> > email: dburcaw@yellowdoglinux.com
> > website: http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/
>

> --
> Evan Read
>
> Advanced Communications
> Level 1, 43 Montgomery Square
> Nelson
>
> Ph: +64-3-546 9169
> Fax: +64-3-546 9170
> Web: http://www.advcomm.co.nz

NAME: Kaan Erdener
PHONE: 512-431-7870
EMAIL: kaan@cs.utexas.edu
INTERNET: http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kaan

"The most beautiful thing in life is to have goals. Without goals you
 lose your desire to react, to do something good." -- Marco Pantani