Re: Monitor Settings

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 21:06:56 -0600 (MDT)

Great perry!
THe LCD Panel is for the Apple flat screens.
I realize that the powerbook screens are not in Xconfigurator.
For now, see if you can find some valid modes somewhere on the net (I'm
sure there's some Linux users with Powerbooks that have these)

In the meantime, I'll see what I can do about adding this monitor to
Xconfigurator.

Dan

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, perry wrote:

> Alright! my powerbook is up and running. after making the link to
> XF68_FBDev that dan mentioned, i ran startx. I got an error that oi was
> missing a config file. I installed the XConfigurator, ran that, and the
> errors went away. but now, when i run startx, it fails right after the
> screen goes black for a split second, and the message i get is that no
> valid video modes were available.
>
> does anyone know which i should use for the 14.1" powerbook screen? I tried
> the "LCD Panel" choice in the XConfigurator utility, but it doesn't seem to
> do it. All the Apple choices are for regular monitors.
>
> thanks.
> -perry

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.