ppp modules, etc

Lockey & Chris Krieger (L.Krieger@cwix.com)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:43:57 -0600

Hi,
    The kernel / modules pair on the Yellow Dog CD will support ppp. The
problem is that the modules identify themselves as being for kernel
2.2.2-pmacA (or something like that) and the kernel says it is 2.2.2,
thus creating a mismatch. If you use insmod -f to force the loading of
the modules, ppp works great. At boot time, I load the modules in my
rc.local file and I'm good to go. However. for some reason, I can't ping
over my ppp link, though I can telnet, ftp, etc. I don't know if this is
related to forcing the modules or not. Does anyone know how the kernel
and modules version numbers are set?

Also, I can't seem to get three button emulation with a standard Apple
ADB 1 button mouse. At startup, X says the mouse is three button, and
three button emulation is enabled. Option -[123] doesn't do mouse
buttons, though. Are there other keys? And does gpm support three button
emulation?

Chris Krieger
krieger@ee.utah.edu