Re: ppp modules, etc

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:01:55 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Lockey & Chris Krieger wrote:

> Hi,
> The kernel / modules pair on the Yellow Dog CD will support ppp. The
> problem is that the modules identify themselves as being for kernel
> 2.2.2-pmacA (or something like that) and the kernel says it is 2.2.2,
> thus creating a mismatch. If you use insmod -f to force the loading of
> the modules, ppp works great. At boot time, I load the modules in my
> rc.local file and I'm good to go. However. for some reason, I can't ping
> over my ppp link, though I can telnet, ftp, etc. I don't know if this is
> related to forcing the modules or not. Does anyone know how the kernel
> and modules version numbers are set?

Yes, I can verify this ping issue. If you do a traceroute, you'll notice
it works. I'm going to look into this and hopefully release a new ping
package.

> Also, I can't seem to get three button emulation with a standard Apple
> ADB 1 button mouse. At startup, X says the mouse is three button, and
> three button emulation is enabled. Option -[123] doesn't do mouse
> buttons, though. Are there other keys? And does gpm support three button
> emulation?

You need to pass the kernel argument: adb_mouse=1
(in the kernel argument line in the BootX program)

I believe the emulation keys are set to CMD and Control. Please try this
and verify.

> Chris Krieger
> krieger@ee.utah.edu

Dan