smaller ramdisk

Subject: smaller ramdisk
From: Mike Rutherford (mike_rutherford@ibm.net)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 14:35:18 MDT

Dan -

I tried using the smaller ramdisk image file today on an
rs6000/p43/model 150 box. I'm not real sure I did this right, but
reading some other posts, I copied the gz file to diskette and tried:

        - boot while holding F8
        - at '>' prompt, typing: setenv boot-device floppy:\zimage
        - after above, typing: boot

The system chews on the diskette for a while but I eventually end up
with an error:

        unrecognized Client Program formatstate not valid

Do you, or anybody know what I'm doing wrong here?

--
Mike Rutherford
Raleigh NC