Re: Preventing Reboots

Subject: Re: Preventing Reboots
From: Kevyn Shortell (kevyn@apple.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 11:36:01 MDT

There's only one effective way, Don't have a keyboard, and lock
the computer in a closet that no one has access to...

As with any Unix machine, physical access to machine removes
most sense security you could ever hope to have.

Kevyn

> Is there a way to disable the "three-finger salute" key combo under
>YDL CS1.1? Also, what about preventing use of the power button on the
>front of a beige G3 mini-tower? I need to secure a server I have set up
>as much as possible from curious fingers and pranksters.

Kevyn Shortell Worldwide Developer Relations
Technology Manager Apple Computer, Inc
kevyn@apple.com http://developer.apple.com/
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left"