Re: FTP throughput problems

Subject: Re: FTP throughput problems
arthur99@global2000.net
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 00:12:33 MST

>From: "Jon L. Gardner" <jon@food.tamu.edu>

> on 12/16/1999 10:26 PM, Jon L. Gardner at jon@food.tamu.edu wrote:
>
> Right after a restart, I get great throughput, but as time goes on it starts
> losing ground. I restarted the box this morning, and was getting
> 70-90Mb/min. throughput. Now, 12 hours later, I'm getting about 7Mb/min.
> throughput from the same client with the same files.
>
> Something's going on in the OS that's causing this huge performance hit to
> develop over time. Can one of you YellowDog types please give me some
> feedback?

I seem to have problems with a 100tbase Ethernet network I use at work that
likes to do the same thing.... (drop speed down greatly for a while --
almost to stop then pick up again slow -- I think its some kind of network
traffic problem on our Lan).

Then again, I am not a network expert. I just use the computer to do work,
as needed. :)

I always like to blame it on Windows 98 and Internet Exploiter, though... as
if that would helps you. Sometimes rebooting Windows does speeding things
up.

Thanks,

Andrew B. Arthur |http://members.global2000.net/~arthur99
arthur99@global2000.net|http://linuxonline.org