Supported PCI Video cards?

Subject: Supported PCI Video cards?
From: Tom Pollard (pollard@schrodinger.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 12:29:52 MST

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Neil Jolly wrote:
> [...] there's now a source of information for XFree86 specific to
> the power pc platform. It's still in the formative stages, so be nice to
> me if you find any errors. The new pages are at
> http://www.members.home.net/njolly/xfree86/index.htm . Check them out,
> and let me know what you think. More information is always welcome, as
> are new ideas.

Is there a list somewhere of the third-party PCI video cards that are
currently supported? I haven't found anything like that in the list
archives.

It seems clear that all ixMicro TwinTurbo, ATI RagePro and ATI Rage128
boards are not supported, although the versions of these boards that
shipped with Macs are supported. I'd like to upgrade the video card on my
PowerComputing clone, but it looks like I wouldn't be able to get
accelerated video with the most attractive cards. (The ixMicro Ultimate
Rez and ATI Xclaim 3D are the ones I was looking at).

If third-party cards just aren't supported right now, does anyone have
suggestions about where to find supported cards, used or new?

Thanks,

Tom

W. Thomas Pollard Schrodinger, Inc.
pollard@schrodinger.com http://www.schrodinger.com/