having modem probs as well

Subject: having modem probs as well
From: Josh Forman (josh@joshforman.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 08:17:30 MST

on a 6500/250, I, a newbie of 1 week and 1 day, am trying to use KPPP to
dial up to both AT&T Worldnet and my college modem bank (just for testing).
I tried using a terminal with AT&T and when it asks me to login, it starts
printing gibberish- as if it's already established a PPP connection. Same
with college, but it appears to be after the login process - yet still
doesn't work. Any thoughts??

I heard wvdial is a no-mess solution to PPP - I can't seem to invoke it. I
"make"d it, and then "make install"ed it but it doesn't seem to work.

--
Josh Forman
Northeastern University '01

http://www.joshforman.com/