Re: Domain name server?

Subject: Re: Domain name server?
From: Tim Long (tim.long@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 05:32:00 MST

So could I use the machine's IP adress to get going for example
'130.95.128.1.uwic.ac.uk'?
Otherwise would I need to register the domain name by asking the IT people
here at the university? They don't support Linux (or mac!)

I know this is simple stuff but I would appreciate any help. Also does
anyone know a good reference manual for ydl or the redhat version it uses?

Thanks

Tim Long