RS/6000 console install

Subject: RS/6000 console install
From: Bacchi Matt VENDOR (v2bacchi@btv.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 07:02:34 MST

I've seen the post from Dan regarding the need to compile a new kernel with
support for rs232. What is the status of this? Does the patch from Olaf
Hering work? I would very much like to try this if you have gotten it to
compile.
If anyone has included support for a serial console, please let me know. I'm
excited to see how YDL will run on my F50, and am willing to do some testing
for the developers.

On a side note, what's the process for getting IBM SSA disks to work in a raid
configuration? Do you use the ServeRAID code?

Thanks for the help.

Matt Bacchi mbacchi@us.ibm.com
IBM Global Services v2bacchi@btv.ibm.com
F6TG Filesystems Team (802) 769-4072