ethernet - not out of the woods yet

Subject: ethernet - not out of the woods yet
From: Josh Forman (jforman@lynx.dac.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 06:27:08 MST

Well, i have a connection if I invoke dhcpcd from the command line, but it
still says "Bringing up interface l0 and eth0 failed" (separate lines of
course). This isn't the ideal solution 'cuz it makes the startup
process...not nice.

Also, putting it in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ didn't work, so where do i get info
on getting it to launch at every startup?

I'd like to get to the "root" of the problem, so that i don't get those
nasty messages in the beginning. I could maybe post th if[up/down] files
if necessary.

Thanks again.

 --
Josh Forman

Webmaster, joshforman.com
Palm stuff, Mac stuff, Josh stuff, other stuff
Reviews, resources and more!

http://www.joshforman.com/