Re: atyfb with PowerMac 4400 Built in Video

Subject: Re: atyfb with PowerMac 4400 Built in Video
From: Andrew B. Arthur (arthur99@global2000.net)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 15:01:41 MST

Oh... I was playing with BootX 1.2f1/quik 1.x and I found that using No
Video Driver unchecked and Force Video Settings unchecked, I got decent
256 color video in any resolution that my machine (at 60 hz -- I didn't
try other frequencies). Oh, And BootX 1.2f1 sees my scanner properly (it
seems to reset the scsi better or something. Of course BootX 1.2f1 is
still slow on this machine (because of the bug on some machines) but
openfirmware works instead

16 bit and 32 bit color still produce the unreadable text still, just
like the first 2 screenshots.

--
Andrew B. Arthur | arthur99@global2000.net |