AWACS Errors on G3 (Beige)

Subject: AWACS Errors on G3 (Beige)
From: John Haffner (jhaffner@merithr.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 11:25:47 MST

I am running CS 1.1 on a G3/300 (Beige) with an AV card installed in
the Comm. slot.

Periodically, I will receive an AWACS error (usually a single digit
or number). I _think_ it is related to when the system is supposed to
beep. I have not been able to enable sound, and I believe these
problems are related. Occasionally, this problem will go into an
endless loop, and I end up rebooting (ctrl-cmd-power).

Could you point this newbie toward resources for clearing up this problem?

Best Regards,

John Haffner