Re: Asante FriendlyNet Ethernet card on 7500/100

Subject: Re: Asante FriendlyNet Ethernet card on 7500/100
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 12:40:41 MST

The problem is that there is an older tulip driver compiled into the
2.2.6 kernel in the stock YDL distribution. Until you recompile the
kernel it will grab ahold of the tulip harware (even though it won't
work) and you'll get the message you are getting if you later try to use
the module.

If you're using the source for 2.2.6 that came w/CS1.1 just replace the
tulip.c file with the new one, then

cd /usr/src//linux
make menuconfig
make dep clean vmlinux modules modules_install
--chug chug chug--
cp vmlinux /boot/vmlinux-2.2.6
cp System.map /boot/System.map-2.2.6
cp vmlinux /mnt/macvol/System\ Folder/Linux\ Kernels/vmlinux-2.2.6
(assuming you use BootX)
cd /boot
rm vmlinux
rm System.map
ln -s vmlinux-2.2.6 vmlinux
ln -s System.map-2.2.6 System.map

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

--Ralph Waldo Emerson