Apache & MySQL

Subject: Apache & MySQL
From: Weston Houghton (weslists@anapraxis.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 12:26:02 MST

Hello all,

I spent yesterday building and installing Apache 1.3.11, MySQL 3.22.32, and
PHP 4.0b4pl1. While I had Apache and PHP working yesterday, I went ahead and
built MySQL. Coming back today, after getting MySQL built, I am getting the
following when trying to start apache:

[joe@boxer conf]# apachectl start
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: error in loading shared libraries:
libmysqlclient.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Now, I'm not sure why Apache would load MySQL files unless it was through
PHP? Any idea why this might be happening, and what the fix might be?

Thanks,
Wes