Re: kde JPEGs

Subject: Re: kde JPEGs
From: Peter M. Bagnall (pete@surfaceeffect.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 19:40:14 MST

>here's another question:
>
>i'm trying to set up my modem to work with KPPP. It's
>an iMac internal 56k modem on a Rev. B. iMac. I
>figured out how to configure KPPP and set the UID bit
>on pppd. What I can't figure out is what device file
>points to the modem. It's not /dev/modem, that's just
>an alias that doesn't point to anything. Anybody know?
>thanks,

try /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1 (probably ttyS0, that's what I use on my b/w
G3). I tried KPPP and could get it dial ok but I could never get it to
complete the protocol negotiation. I suspect I got the connect script wrong
so in the end I switched to wmppp (i use WindowMaker anyhow). If you can
get KPPP working ok I'd be interested how you set up the connect script. It
is quite a cool dialer.

cheers

Pete

--