SUID and ppp..

Subject: SUID and ppp..
BondTrails@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 09:01:38 MST

Hi YellowDoggers,

I am on my way to the local bookstore to get a Linux book (I'm a newbie) but
in the meantime can anyone help me from PPP disasters? I tried running KPPP
and I keep getting this SUID error (I am not logged in as root).

So what exactly is the SUID and what should I do to be able to get on the
internet. What settings should I employ? any and all help will be greatly
appreciated!

Bondster!

P.S. I have YDL CS 1.1, 192 meg ram, S900 225Mhz running of a Jazz 2G
removable drive.