Re: Two things.

Subject: Re: Two things.
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 14:34:42 MST

Benjamin S Donley's bits of Wed, 19 Jan 2000 translated to:

>1) Every so often, a document titled ??"? appears in my user directory. In
> gnome, it appears as a document without a title at all. What is this file,
> and how do I stop it from appearing in the future?
The last time this issue came up, I believe the consensus was that it was
just a harmless nuisance that you couldn't do much about. Deleting it doesn't
hurt anything, but it keeps coming back. The file is generated by Gnome if
I remember correctly.

>2) If I'm running X and I su to root, my X server refuses a connection to
> anything I run as root. Where do I configure this? Should I?
Try xhost +root from a non root-su'd window. This should add root to the
list of users allowed to display during your X session. xhost -root can
be used to revoke the privilege.

Jim