Re: Yellow Dog and my Color Stylewriter 1500....

Subject: Re: Yellow Dog and my Color Stylewriter 1500....
From: Adam Price (Adam@oldchildrensbooks.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 05:55:59 MST

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, James M. White wrote:

> I have installed YDL/CS on my old Mac 7200/90 ppc. Most everything seems
> to work nicely, including ppp..... except that I have, so far, been
> unsuccessful in printing to my Apple Color Stylewriter 1500 printer.
>
> This printer is connected directly to my printer port, and here's my set
> up, from the print tool.
>
> Name: lp
> spool dir: /var/spool/lpd/lp
> printer device: /dev/ttyS1
>
> I've tried a variety of input filters, including postscript, text, Epson
> Stylus Color, Imagewriter. In all cases when I try the print tool tests,
> I can get the light on the printer to BLINK, leading me to believe the
> port is correct, but no actual printed output.
>
> Will YDL/CS work with this printer? Has anyone done it? Help !

People will first tell you that you need the stylewriter printing rpm,
lpstyl-0.9.?. After you get this, if you get it working, please let me
know, because I have been unsuccessful for the last five months.

--
adam@oldchildrensbooks.com

"No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakens into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted for the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." -- Albert Schweitzer