Re: Problem with QPOP 2.5.3 - can't download mail to Linux

Subject: Re: Problem with QPOP 2.5.3 - can't download mail to Linux
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 20:16:05 MST

The problem downloading mail from QPOP 2.5.2 can be
avoided by setting the MTU parameter of PPPD. I noticed in MacOS that the MTU
was only 1052 while under linux the mtu was 1524. Whey they are set thay way I
don't know, but one worked the other didn't

To set the MTU in KPPP,

Start KPPP with KPPP&
Click the Setup Button
Choose the Accounts Tab
Select one of the account setup entries (I have one for each phone number of
my ISP.
Click Edit
At the bottom of the Dial tab Click the Arguments button
key mtu 1024
click add. then
Click Ok to exit the customize pppd arguments window
Click OK on the dial setup tab
Click Ok on the accounts tab
Connect and download your mail!.