Re: linux no longer boots :(

Subject: Re: linux no longer boots :(
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 12:15:37 MST

Try the following:

-give the root password to log in single user;
-run fsck as follows:

fsck -fvy /dev/xxxxxx

which does the following:
  f = force a check
  v = be verbose
  y = answer yes to every question
  xxxxx = the partition that is complained about at startup

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

-- Walter Winchell