Re: 7600 video

Darron Froese (darron@odi.ca)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:47:36 -0600

> What can I install for ydl that will allow me to bring up a windo in X so
> that I can view video using to RCA in on the back of mac PowerMac 7600?

Nathan,

There was a set of patches to the 2.2.5 (and the new planb-1.0 supports
2.2.7) kernel that allowed you to use the "planb" video hardware in linux:

<http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-user/199904/msg00122.html>
    - the announcement

<http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan/planb.html>
    - planb homepage

There are other README's with the planb distribution that you will need to
read.

I've had it working just fine under linuxppc-R4 before - it shouldn't be a
problem under ydl.

--
Darron
darron@calgary.westworld.ca - WestWorld Computers