Re: Help installing ydl on Blue G3 - follow-up

Paul Oertel (tengu@mb.kcom.ne.jp)
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:53:07 +0900

At 3:38 PM 99.7.14, Dan Burcaw wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Paul Oertel wrote:
>
> > I would like to thank those on the list who help me get Yellow Dog
> > installed on my Blue G3.
> >
> > I would also like to reprimand Terra Soft. Before I purchased Yellow Dog I
> > read the supported hardware list very carefully. They claimed to support
> > the new G3's. And indeed they do. However, unlike the IMac, nowhere do they
> > mention that you have download additional files to get it installed. Nor
>
> Indeed it did. On the support page under hardware it mentioned the
> additional files for BOTH iMac and Blue G3. This has since been removed
> from the main hardware page since they are not needed for the CS 1.1
> release.

I stand corrected. However, as I recall, when I read the support page
before purchasing there was no mention of additional files. Perhaps I
caught you in transition between the shipping of Champion Server 1.1 and
the updating of your pages. In any case, now that I have got YDL installed
I am pleased with it.

Paul Oertel

ComiConnection --> The ultimate guide to DC Comics
www.shirokuma.com/comiconnection/
pbearpro@mb.kcom.ne.jp