Re: Thanks... and the xmixer problem?

Kevyn Shortell (kevyn@apple.com)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:08:19 -0700

You'll need to download a newer kernel off the YDL
web site that supports sound. earlier versions of the kernel
did not have Mac DMA sound compiled in.

The 2.2.6 kernel that is available for download has sound.

Kevyn

At 8:23 PM -0700 6/6/99, Evan Read wrote:
>Thank you all who have replied to my ls problem.
>
>I now know plenty about ls and using less and stuff.
>
>The thing I really wanted help with was getting xmixer to recognize the
>existence of my Rev B iMac soundcard.
>
>it tells me that "/dev/mixer" is not found...
>
>Any help?
>
>Thanks
>

>--
>Evan Read

> / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / . . . t h e c h o i c e o f a

Kevyn Shortell Worldwide Developer Relations
Linux Technology Manager Apple Computer, Inc
kevyn@apple.com http://developer.apple.com/
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left"