Re: XFree86-3.3.3.1-37a.ppc.rpm

Andrew Diller (dillera@gse.upenn.edu)
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 17:56:45 -0400

Dan Burcaw wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Roesslet, Bryan W. wrote:

> > Is a public knowledgbase too much to ask for?
>
> As I have already stated on this list, if feedback is given to me about
> the success of using the latest X RPMS I would be happy to create an X
> HOWTO. I'm not going to confuse users by writing a document that says
> please check your X version if you have -37a do this, if you have -43 do
> this blah blah blah. THe point of a HOWTO is to be concise and that's what
> I intend to do.

What do you mean by this?

Please go ahead and create the howto to give us some headstart.

I gladly purchased YDL to support you guys, but the cdrom installaion with
1.0 sucks. You need a good guide of what NEW RPMS to get and what pitfalls
lie ahead for everyone that attempts to install Champion 1.0, and of course fails.

The Xconfigurator, the gpm mouse... etc... why can't you have an a
knowlegebase so people can seach on these things instead of asking the same
questions on the list?

--

Andrew Diller System Administrator ISC - SOS Graduate School of Education University of Pennsylvania 3-5423