Re: GNOME and options

Andrew Diller (dillera@gse.upenn.edu)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 00:03:43 -0400

I got Gnome working on my G3 finally.

Its not as nice as what comes with RH6 intel, but Dan, you said you would
be preparing some new GNOME RPMS.

I can't get my G3 to boot into xdm, even though the init level is set to 5.

But I can log into root and exec xdm.

I really like KDE, and 1.1 is really nice. There are tons of apps for it.
But I like that GNOME actually supports different windowmangers itseld. ICE
is really cool, so is enlightment. They seem to be more configurable than
KDE.

But with RH, I can move between KDE and GNOME pretty easily, so I plan on
keeping both of them on my system.

Right now, KDE has way more KDE 'aware' apps, but that may change as more
people are introduced to GNOME via RedHat.

-andy