Slow X and Pbs on B&W

Cyril Drame (drame@uclink4.berkeley.edu)
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 17:21:56 -0700

Hi all,

A few weeks ago, I successfully installed Xwindows on my B&W G3. I used
Xautoconfig. It is working almost fine, except a few problems:

-The windows are redrawing slowly ( I can see them redraw everytime I
move them around)
-The windows do not become Icons but instead disappear. They seem to
reappear at my next login.
-sometimes, my shell just disapear without any warning.

What should i do ?

Also, bootX gives a -622 error at startup time. I can only bootX from
macOS. Is that due to the fact that I might have not install only the
minimal macOS ?
Another symptom that might be related is that at the very first second
after restart, when the screen first lights, I have a little mac folder
that appears in the middle of the screen, with a question mark
lternating with a macOs logo.
Is this normal doctor?

Thanks
Cyril