Re: SSH

Subject: Re: SSH
From: Neil Jolly (njolly@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 21:44:38 MST

Weston Houghton wrote:

> Ok,
>
> A simple question here. I successfully used the install-ssh script (after
> poking around trying to get pieces compiled myself, then slapping myself on
> my forehead when I remembered the script). Now I have it installed, but I am
> not quite sure where and how to set it up?
>
> For configuration I just have to edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config I imagine?

Correct.

> Do I
> add it to inetd.conf to start it up, should I just replace the telnet
> settings with the ssh app?

Ididn't install mine with the Ydl scripts. I just compiled my own so I don't
know if the standard script installs the runlevel scripts in /etc/rc.d/init.d
or not, but that's the way i'd recommend starting sshd. You can check for your
scripts with the command "ls /etc/rc.d/init.d | grep ssh". If the scripts are
present then just add them to runlevels 2, 3, & 5 with your favorite runlevel
editor, or start them manually when desired. You should comment out telnet (and
any other unused services) in /etc/inetd.conf once you get ssh working to your
satisfaction.

--
Neil Jolly
Coming at you from Yellowdog Linux - another MICROS~1 free OS!