Re: Odd Lombard Failures ...Please Help!

Subject: Re: Odd Lombard Failures ...Please Help!
From: Jazz Masterson (ctfh@ziplink.net)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 11:57:11 MST

(Multiple replies condensed to save my wasting y'all's time.)

And Dan Burcaw wrote:

> Well, if it freezes in Mac OS too, then it is not a Linux problem. I
> suspect the SCSI drive is suspect...

I'm using two different cables, and three seperate SCSI devices. One at
a time or daisy chained (I'm methodical), all terminated properly. Hard
drive, scanner, and CD/RW.

29-pin connectors. Thanks for that tip, tho.

These devices worked fine with my previous Powerbook (Wallstreet/233,
unfortunately dead from a modem-line lightning strike).

So: SCSI port not working, USB ports not recognising devices correctly,
and Linux not even getting past starting the kernel.

I think I'm going to have to have my pb serviced. Crud. :/

Thanks very much for helping me figure this. It's hard, with no
external reference. (For all I knew, this was normal).

Give us a shipping address, Dan, and I'll help pitch in for the keg. ;)

--
Jazz