Re: 1.2 upgrade problem...

Subject: Re: 1.2 upgrade problem...
From: Chuq Von Rospach (chuqui@plaidworks.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 00:36:16 MST

Here's another one. This is on a B/W G3 with USB.

During the boot process, the system says "press 'I' to go into
interactive startup' -- since I couldn't boot, I figured I'd try it.

Holding down 'I' through the fsck shows the 'I's printing, but then
it comes back and says:

Enabling swap space 5
INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
Entering Interactive Startup
Start service network (Y)es/(N)o/(C)ontinue? [Y}

at this point, the keyboard is now scragged -- I try to print a Y, N
or whatevever, and I get bogus characters (I now prints at 5, Y as m,
shift as /, etc...) -- so things are stuck again. For some reason,
the keyboard reading is messed up at this point...

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"