Re: 1.2 upgrade problem...

Subject: Re: 1.2 upgrade problem...
From: Kevyn Shortell (kevyn@apple.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 11:37:27 MST

You realize Chuq,

None of us were alive back then in the stone ages when you
had analog computers =)

/me ducks and runs for his life.

heheheheh Chuq is going to come over and kill me now =)

Kevyn

on 3/6/00 11:43 PM, space aliens forced Chuq Von Rospach at
chuqui@plaidworks.com to write:

> At 12:40 AM -0700 3/7/2000, Dan Burcaw wrote:
>> First, go into single user mode (init=/bin/bash in the BootX kernel
>> arguments) remount your drive read-write and check your default runlevel
>> to 3... this is why runlevel 5 is a sometimes bad.
>>
>> Then, check the contents of /etc/syconfig/keyboard
>

> thanks.
>
> I love learning a new flavor of Unix... (don't ask me how many, I've
> lost count. My first Unix was V6 on a PDP11-34, back in college. Last
> year, I was hacking AIX. This year, I'm hacking Solaris, and now I'm
> starting to hack Linux... It's just different enough to make you
> crazy, and it's teh differences that matter...)

Kevyn Shortell Apple
Technology Manager Worldwide Developer Relations
kevyn@apple.com http://developer.apple.com/
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left"